Homeside Rehab continues to remain vigilant while providing rehabilitative services and ensuring our patients and staff remain safe. Our administration team meets regularly to address current concerns about the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in order to deliver safe and effective care.
We understand that our patients are the most vulnerable population to this virus, and as such we have taken decisive action with regard to in-home visitations. Our therapists have been educated to refrain from seeing patients if they exhibit the following symptoms—Fever, cough, cold, body aches and headache. Therapists will follow strict precautions and use of personal protective equipments, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), including the following:
– Washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after each visit.
– If soap and water is not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
– Disinfect therapy equipment after patient use.
As an extra layer of protection, therapists are encouraged to wear gloves and a mask during treatments.
– PPE’s are available for our therapist to use for the safety of our patients and themselves.
Additional precautions include:
* Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
* Therapists are to stay home if they are sick.
* Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands following CDC handwashing protocols.
For additional information about COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at https://www.cdc.gov/.
Homeside Rehab will continue to provide care to our patients. Without therapy, many of them could have significant physical decline, leading to sedentary related illnesses- ie: bedsores, pneumonia, UTI, falls, etc. From this perspective, we view many of our treatments as “essential.” We therefore have set protocols in place for the safety and well being of our patients and our therapists.
Our therapists perform self-screenings for signs and symptoms of coronavirus. Any therapist who shows signs or symptoms of coronavirus is not permitted to provide patient care until receiving medical clearance.
Homeside Rehab is committed to providing excellent Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy to patients in their homes with dignity and compassion!